2021 Public Events Diary
Our ever popular Christmas events at the Llanelli & Mynydd Mawr Railway are back for 2021!
On Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th December Santa will be at the railway grotto to meet children (and adults too!).
Time slots between 10am-12pm and 12pm-2pm available now at:
- All children get a gift from Santa.
- All adults and senior citizens get a cup of hot mulled wine and a mince pie included.
- Children under 2 can visit Santa for a small supplement
- Options for children to have a train ride only.
Train rides will be available with our warm and toasty Class 142 pacer train.
Santa is on site until 2pm and train rides run until 3pm.
Important Covid Safe information: Hand sanitiser stations are located around the railway, including on the train for your safety. You are advised to wear a face covering in all vehicles unless eating or drinking.
Additional attractions -
- Have a picnic on our benches and watch the trains go by.
- Learn about the heritage of the railway and colliery in our heritage centre.
- Learn how to drive a train by having a guided tour of a Class 47 Cab courtesy of The Cab Yard.
- Refreshments are available in our main shed, along with our fundraising stall selling second-hand clothes, toys, dvds and more.
Well-behaved dogs on a lead are welcome.
Please note that all attractions are subject to on the day availability and we reserve the right to make alterations to the arrangements at short notice if necessary.
All proceeds go towards the Cynheidre Heritage Project, registered charity no. 1087985.
Note that all attractions are subject to availability on day of event.